LFR’s roots are as a volunteer-led organization — for our first 24 years, LFR was 100% volunteer operated. Some volunteer roles are:
- Staffing the operating hours of the pantry each Saturday
- Shopping at MANNA on Tuesdays and transporting the food to the pantry
- Sorting and shelving products to be ready for clients
- Serving as a member of a committee of the board of directors to facilitate all operations of the organization
- Driving clients to their homes after shopping on Saturdays usually between 11:30-1:30 (Many clients depend on public transportation but returning home with their food on the bus is not feasible.) Most clients live within 3 miles of LFR
- Other roles are expected to be available as LFR develops a plan for office hours.