LFR offers many varied volunteer opportunities and clients repeatedly say how much they appreciate our volunteers and the time given. We continually seek volunteers to help operate the pantry and also those with expertise in the areas of business management, fundraising, grant writing and administration.
As always, LOVING volunteers make our world go round by assisting clients with shopping, recording box weights and even making sure clients have a ride home. Our volunteers are a shining example of the meaning of the ‘loving’ in Loving Food Resources.
Loving Food Resources is a 100% volunteer-driven special needs self-serve food pantry.
The mission of Loving Food Resources, Inc., (LFR) is to provide food and personal care items to persons living with HIV/AIDS or receiving home Hospice care with any diagnosis.
The volunteers who help at the pantry provide assistance in many ways. Some of the volunteer opportunities are:
- Aisle Assistant – assistant clients during Saturday shopping hours
- Board Member, Team Leader, Co-Team Leader
- Cart Room/Box organizer
- Computer – Data Entry, Web Design, Tech Support
- Delivery of food boxes/Outreach
- Driver(s) for recycling run, client transportation, van and box truck food transport
- Event Support – volunteer for a specific fund raiser or event
- Finance Committee/Audit Committee
- Food Drive Coordinator/Team
- Graphic Design
- Internet Related Tasks – website design and maintenance
- Newsletter Production – writer, photographer
- Office Team – data input, correspondence, miscellaneous clerical skills
- Product Sorting – food and personal care items
- Public Relations/Media Support
- Receptionist/Client sign-in
- Shopper – for food and personal care items
- Stock Shelves
- TEFAP (The Emergency Food Assistance Program) –distribute food boxes
- Volunteer Support and Training
- Properties – Carpentry, Building Maintenance, Vehicle maintenance
- Client/Customer Service
9am-11am, unload truck from MANNA Foodbank and place where needed. Noon-2pm, stock shelves.
10am-noon, unload van from Harris Teeter and Trader Joes stores. Weigh and shelve items.
9am-11am, unpack, set up and display produce on shelves. Pack food boxes for Outreach deliveries. 11am-2pm, operate the pantry during client shopping hours.
Submit our online application today or call our office to arrange for a tour and a visit with us. Office telephone: 828-255-9282. Email: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in Loving Food Resources.
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”true” description=”true”]